Friday, April 24, 2009

Mondrian

Robin, I was introduced to this painting by Mondrian in my arts and ideas class a week or so ago and was reminded a lot of your work. I was wondering if you find inspiration in his tree series; because the composition/subject matter seem to relate. The colors and sense of death and decay in the piece are similar to yours and also, the centralized composition. I think of that really large, sort of graphic piece you did where the branches are tangled almost in a sphere in the center of the canvas. I was just curious to know if you had Mondrian in mind when doing your artwork or if it is a coincidence. If you do find inspiration in his work then I think it's a great example of how the style of a revolutionary artist can be modernized and interpreted.

No comments:

Post a Comment