Thursday, March 26, 2009

David Hale



David Hale is an artist that works through many media. He experiments with anything from spray paint on a series of skateboards, tattoo work on people, installations, and painting. I first became familiar with Hale's work at a festival a few summers ago. Overall, his experimentation is a quality I personally find to be innovative and stimulating to look at as well as respect on a developing artist's perspective. In relation to our class, his use of collage is highly stylized and outstanding. The use of collage is an extremely important step in the collaborative stage, and I think, every artist in some sense already does this when brainstorming their concepts and ideas. Doing a literal collage this week for our most recent project helped get my brain going even more so than previous projects. His site is davidhale.org and I highly recommend checking it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment