Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I was looking at the work that someone posted about Hale. I have never heard of him before, however, these images were very intriguing to me. I love his use of frames and objects as collage to transform a space. In this case the view of the corner is also very interesting because it is dealin with perspective and angles. the surface he was working on was very geometric and angular and I think that this is true with what he attached and painted on the wall. All of the frames are geometric forms. They overlap other geometric paintings on the walls and other canvases with paintings on them. I think the repetition of form along with the asymmetry on the wall with less frames on the door side, is very clever. The door messes with the balance of this piece but he uses it to his advantage by placing less stuff on the side with the door. It is hardly noticable becasue the door adds a layer of depth and complextiy to the space. It also ads contrast within the objects in the piece which add interest to the overall form.

No comments:

Post a Comment